Sep 30, 2010

The Nightly Dose

  Dear readers, meet my new pill box. I had to go out and buy one to fit all the vitamins, herbs, and supplements that I've put together (with much research and the OK of my gynecologist, of course) to try to remedy the ails of early pregnancy. I've taken this supplement combination two nights in a row so far, and both of the following mornings I have seen a significant difference in the way I feel. My prescription medicine is still very close by in case I need it, but it's been over 24 hours since I've needed it! Praise God! I'm not certain that it's this supplement combination that has made the difference or if the morning sickness is just easing up a little earlier this pregnancy or if I've just been blessed with a couple of good days thanks to much prayer! In any case, I'm so thankful for a little relief these days and plan on continuing to take these supplements throughout the pregnancy. So in case you're wondering what's in the box, here's the rundown of what I've been taking before bedtime:



*Nature’s Prenatal vitamin

From: Nature’s Sunshine (My family has used Nature's Sunshine products for years for many natural alternatives to health.)
Qty: 1
Purpose: Provides essential nutrients needed for energy and metabolism during pregnancy and lactation.

*Omega 3 Fish Oil, 1,000 mg
From: Good 'ole Wal-Mart
Qty: 1
Purpose: Eases the symptoms of depression and anxiety; also good for heart health.

*Gentle Move
From: Nature’s Sunshine
Qty: 2
Purpose: Supports intestinal and digestive health.


*Mommy’s Bliss Morning Sickness Magic
From: Target
Qty: 1
Purpose: Eases nausea during pregnancy. These supplements contain vitamin B6 and ginger root extract, both of which are recommended for morning sickness

After doing further research, I'll be adding this soon:

*Calcium-Magnesium
From: Nature’s Sunshine
Qty: 2
Purpose: To help with sleeplessness and fatigue.


For further reading on natural herbs and vitamins during pregnancy, see what the American Pregnancy Association has to say.




*Disclaimer: These suggestions are shared are solely from my personal research. Always consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016